ERMITA DE LA SANTA CRUZ
In 1868 the town was visited by three members of the Order of Redemptors, their names being Victor, Pedro and Luis. This mission revived the faith of the roqueteros in the four days he was in the municipality. The last day they were in town, they left the church of Ntra. Mrs. of the Rosary carrying a wooden cross painted in black, which led to the place called “El Ventorrillo”; there they placed it on a pedestal, from which the missionary Peter gave a speech on the death and passion of Jesus. Later, they ate in the village and left for Adra accompanied by the citizens to the outskirts of Roquetas de Mar.
Thus, the hermitage was built in the place where 32 years ago the redemptive missionaries had placed a cross; hence the name that the hermitage acquired. Ramon Alcaraz Yborra was a fisherman and, in saving himself from a few temporary ones, he decided to build the hermitage as a thanks to the Virgin.